CoCo Bay is one of our favorite locations in the world – it feels like home. This was our 2nd stay since 2014.
Great. One of the best hotels in unawatuna. All rooms have a sea view and balcony. We have stayed in all 3 tiers of rooms.
– Aqua Romance is great for those with children (private pool for them to swim). With this room you also get two beach chairs in an area of the beach that is a bit more quiet.
-The Suites are huge. If you’re traveling with more than 2 people this is the room for you. There are 2 couches, a walk in closet and large balcony. With the suite you also get a complimentary high tea in the afternoon that includes tea and snacks (perfect to enjoy on the balcony or downstairs next to the water).
– When arriving you will get your choice of soap and pillows along with a welcome fruit basket and other goodies. This will be refilled/replaced daily throughout your stay.
– Bathrooms have a Jacuzzi tub, rain shower and plenty of counter space
– The beach is semi-private, which mean you will not see any hawkers trying to sell their treasures (if you want this, go to any public beach in Unawatuna for your pick).
– There is a lifeguard on duty from sunrise to sunset
– Plenty of lounge chairs to choose from with spots in the sun or shade
– Pool is always clean and maintained with cool water
– Ocean is warm and generally pleasant to swim in (depending on the season of your visit – Monsoon time is a bit rougher).
– During the Monsoon season there is an increase in wind. We haven’t minded the wind as it keeps your cool during the hot day, and it usually dies down at by dinner time.
This is one of the main reasons we continue to return to CoCo Bay. The service is the best we have experienced anywhere in the world (including many 5 star hotels/resorts throughout Europe, US, Mexico, Thailand, Singapore and others). The daily interaction with the restaurant staff, housekeeping, and managerial staff with ensure that you are enjoying your stay.
– The Executive chef will try to come to your table daily to make sure you are enjoying the meals, and ask if you have any special requests. He will do his best to accommodate any request made (my sister is Vegan and they made sure to make strict Vegan meals for her for breakfast and dinner).
– The waiters are friendly, attentive and knowledgeable.
– Food is excellent – make sure to try their Sri Lankan dishes, they are fantastic!
– Rooms are cleaned daily with nightly turndown service
– General Manager Remi is frequently around the property and engaging the guest. It is nice to see that they are making an effort to ensure that all guests are happy, and if not will do their best to remedy the situation.
In general, we obviously love Coco Bay and recommend them to anyone traveling to Sri Lanka.
Looking forward to our next visit!